While we recommend that you use a certified sign professional to install decals to ensure professional results, but if done correctly anyone can apply small decals and lettering in a few simple steps.
Before You Begin:
Clean the surface with alcohol or warm soapy water, and dry thoroughly with a clean lint free cloth.
Ensure that the surface temperature is above 40°F. If needed, heat the surface with a heat gun or hair dryer.
Gather any tools that you will need like a squeegee, tape, and tape measure.
Applying the Decal:
1. Tape Decal into position. Use masking tape to position. Run a piece of tape vertically over the center of the graphic making sure it adheres firmly above and below. This tape will act as a center hinge.
2. Remove back liner paper from one half of the decal. Cut or fold back release liner at the vertical center.
3. Lay the decal on the surface making sure the graphic is correctly positioned. Rub the squeegee from center out. Use firm overlapping strokes. You must go over 100% of the decal.
4. Repeat this process for the other half of the decal.
5. Remove face tape (premask) at 180° angle. Do not pull it straight up as this may stretch and tear the decal. Do not squeegee any uncovered vinyl as this may scuff the surface. If necessary, poke air bubbles with a needle to let air out and smooth out with your fingers.
That’s it! If you intend to apply new vinyl to the surface, be sure to clean it thoroughly, and then wipe the surface again with alcohol to insure that no adhesive remover residue is left behind.